Monday, November 23, 2009

Mountain Monday

Holy Heck! In case you haven't noticed, the last few months have been kinda nuts around here. Do you know how wonderful it is to have NO ONE in the hospital, needing surgery, dying or any other type of anything? I am breathing again. I am reading blogs and slowly catching up on commenting. Guess what? I am actually posting a REAL Mountain Monday, on Monday! Wooohooo!
I must say I am rather short on sleep though. This weekend has been bad for Little Man and his sleep. Friday night and Saturday night he threw up all his nighttime meds. So, no sleep until 2. Yesterday night, he didn't throw up, but he still didn't go to sleep until 2. I turned around this morning after he left for school and went back to bed. The only problem with that is that I end up with a very short day. The sun was going down as I was snapping pics, so I didn't get a bunch, but hey, I only need a few, right? Tonight, the boy was asleep by 8! Yippee!
Now on the pictures!

Check it out! Ms. Tenacious continues to cling. It has been a year now.



Ms. Tenacious has either been a bad influence or an inspiration to some of her fellow leaves. Here is one of this years who decide to hang in there too. This one is not all rolled up like our friend.




And here are a whole bunch of other leaves who are hanging in there too! They make a nice backdrop for the mountains.




Snowy rose hips.



















Do have any idea how hard it is to get all four girls in a picture? This should give you an idea. Lousy picture, but it was the BEST one.




I have a goal of getting each of the grandbabies with a good picture of them asleep.




Buttercup doing a preview of the girls Christmas dresses and their custom made bows!



I have more pictures because I got to go to lunch TWICE with some awesome ladies, but I am too tired now to try and put them up. I am just so grateful to be finding my mojo again.

17 Kids Who Want To Play:

Lee said...

So fun to see pictures again and so glad to hear things are a bit better for you all. I adore the snow on the rose hips but am glad there is no snow here yet!

Just SO said...

So glad to hear that things are smoothing out some for you. Your grandbabies sure are beautiful!

amelia said...

I'm glad things have gotten better for you and your family!

Lisa said...

Hoping the boy will be allow you to get some sleep. Loving the pics, Jo. They speak to me on so many levels.

Debz said...

Where to begin? Ms. Tenacious? I'm stunned. I cannot believe that lil leaf is still hanging on. Mother Nature is amazing. And beautiful. The pictures of the mountains? The snowy rose hip is gorgeous. You already know you have talent so I wont tell you that.
But the babies? Wow. They get more beautiful everytime I see them (which granted I haven't been around in a while) and Buttercup has gotten sooo big. Your a very lucky woman. But you know that too.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving Jo. You and your family.

Kristina P. said...

They are just all so cute! Happy Thanksgiving, Jo!

Jules AF said...

I love the mountains with snow on them.

K J and the kids said...

Do you know how warm and fuzzy this made me....to see mountain monday again AND THEN for you to keep on with Ms Tenacious....and and and I was JUST going to ask you about her.
Thanks !
Cute babies woman.
Glad you're back. Good luck on the sleep. I don't imagine getting any until the kids move out.

Bonnie the Boss said...

So dang adorable!!! Seriously, Love the bows.

Jillybean said...

I'm glad things are slowing down for you a bit, and also that we were able to go to lunch last week! I'm bummed that I missed the second one, we'll have to get together again soon.
The grandbabies are so adorable!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

As always..beautiful! It's good to know that things are finally slowing down at your house! You deserve it!

Mayhem and Moxie said...

How fitting is it that I find myself on your blog again for a Mountain Monday post? Just beautiful, Jo. I can't believe how much that baby girl is growing up.

Hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday!

elizasmom said...

Dang, I thought I left a comment, but I must've only written it in my head. ANyway, I love the beautiful pic of Sleeping Beauty. What a great idea for a project. I always find that there's something about how Eliza's face relaxes when she sleeps that makes it possible to see how she looked as a little baby again. I see it in Pea, too. And boy, do your genes run strong in your family — all of those girlies remind me of you!
Glad you're back and I hope that things are very, very boring for you for a few months!

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

Fabulous pictures, as always. Ms. Tenacious leaf gives me hope. It's nice to see you blogging again.

Susie said...

I haven't been on my blog for so long (instead spending time on facebook). Wow! So much as been going on. I am sorry for your loss of Bright Star, but I am glad Little Man is on the road to recovery. And the babies.... oh, they are adorable. I need to come back more often...

annie valentine said...

Jo! Love Ms. Tenacious, there are days when I feel exactly like she looks.

wendy said...

Hey Jo, it was so good to hear from you again. I am glad you are finding your MoJo. AND sleep whenever you can ---you deserve to take care of yourself.
those were great pictures. Ah, if we could all be so "tenacious"
and a sleeping baby/grandchild. What could look more angelic and heavenly