Sunday, November 02, 2008

Nablopomo Day 2

Yesterday, Bald Man and I had respite, which always rocks. We finally were able to take in Body Worlds. Ever since I first heard about it, I have been wanting badly to see the magic of it. First, the stuff I didn't enjoy. It was too hot in the building, and too crowded for my taste. As a very fast reader, being behind someone who is reading slowly is pure torture. The stuff I loved. Wow, mind blowing. As a midwife, I have had a opportunity to work closely with the human body, but seeing the insides was just, well, incredible! My favorite part was the babies. From just a week or two, wow, just wow. The most incredibly formed tiny parts. I couldn't believe the tiny, miniature fingers on the NINE week fetus. 9 weeks! I was mind blown at the miracle of life in death.
After we got home, we took the kiddos to the park to run off some of their energy. I took some fun pics including some with my new Lensbaby.












This was one of my favorite pictures of the day. I am really getting the hang of my Lensbaby.



This was just a random little girl at the park, but she had the most exquisite blue eyes, so I asked her mom if I could take her picture.




11 Kids Who Want To Play:

Jillene said...

GREAT pics!! You are getting really good at this Jo!!

My word varification is "fries". Yum....fries! Did it have to be fries on fast Sunday? I have all the luck!!

Kristina P. said...

I want to go to Body Worlds before it leaves.

Love the pics!

My word verification was "grope." Dirty little wordle.

K J and the kids said...

Fun pictures.

I'm going along with everyone else.
My verification word is dredumme

Amber said...

That is the hottest man ever! ;) Looks like a great Halloween. I need to get my pictures up.

Me said...

Kyle and I went to Body Worlds the week that it opened. Fascinating, is it not?

Great Pictures!

Whitney R said...

Your pictures are great!

I want to see body worlds.. but am a bit nervous about it. I'm in the Health Science field so I have been learning about the body's functions, organs and every single muscle and ligament. And all about fetuses and pregnancies.

I just feel so sad when I see them and know that they were real people.. That's my only hang up :)

Holly said...

very, very cool lens. I like it. Great pictures, you do an awesome job.

Body Worlds sounds too too neat.

Teresa said...

I've got to go get one of those lensbabies. Your family is beautiful - these are the first pics I've seen of them.

I heard body worlds was SO CROWDED this past week. I am dying to see it.

ramsam said...

I saw Body Worlds when the exhibit was in Denver. it was fascinating and I loved it. We took our kids, who loved it too. I am glad you got to go.

elizasmom said...

Purty pix.
And my hat's off to you for Nablopomo-ing again. I wish I could, but it just ain't in the cards!

Rychelle said...

those are fun new features, and it looks like you're have a lot of fun with them.
fun! ;)