Friday, April 23, 2010

Check Me Out!

Not only am I attending the Casual Bloggers Conference



I'm Going to the CBC!


I'm Speaking at the CBC!


I am speaking!
TWICE!


You may check out my bio and gulp! picture of me at this link: Casual Blogger Speakers
I will wait while you go look, scroll down to the "J's" for Jo of course.

I looked at that picture and my first thought was, "Holy heck, I look Chinese!"
Living my entire life being something besides Caucasian, and living most of my life outside of Utah, I have accepted the fact I don't look white and that I look like "something else". The guesses have included, Hispanic, Asian, and Hawaiian, unless I am home on the reservation my family is from, in which case, they get the tribe right and even my family! Most impressive.

You must now watch this hilarious commercial. I insist. It is important.








Guess what? I have my new identity for living in Utah! I am racially ambiguous! Finally, a place for me. I am so happy!
And you know what else? I do have beautiful hair!

7 Kids Who Want To Play:

Kristina P. said...

Yay! You're finally on there!

sage femme said...

Yes, you do have beautiful hair. I don't hate you for it, though, because I know you have a skunk stripe. I hate you because you don't have wrinkles.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

You are speaking? I'm going to miss it! If I take you to dinner will you re-enact the whole thing?

K and J said...

nah, I would have guessed Hawaiian. ;-)

Congratulations on your big speech. I would TOTALLY buy tampons from you.

Debbie said...

That is great! Congrats on speaking.

itchandscratch said...

We had the exact discussion over lunch today, as we overheard people commenting on our kids. Near the rez there is little doubt that our kids are part native, but put them on the street in another city and I doubt anyone could pinpoint them as belonging to any particular racial group. They are pretty much racially ambiguous to most of the world.

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

Yay! I can't wait to hear you speak. You'll be great!

Racially ambiguous, huh? My internet isn't fast enough to watch the video, but I'll take your word for it. Of course, to me, you're Jo in Utah and you already have a place.