Monday, May 18, 2009

Mountain Monday Disappointment

Long story short, I wasn't able to get out today until the light was fading. My pictures SUCK this week. Too dark. Ah well, I figure it is a good lesson to learn, in terms of finding lighting that works. I do have a couple, but this week is being chalked up on my learning curve. (Did I mix enough metaphors for ya there?)

I LOVE poppies. I am not quite sure I can explain why I think they are beautiful, but I think they are!







Many of you seemed to enjoy the sheepies last time, so here are some more.



I don't know what kind of flower this is, but the yellow is sooo brilliant!




Spring is quickly chasing the snow up the mountain sides.






Little Man got a medal for soccer. He was so proud!



These two love each other. It never ceases to amaze me at how patient the Pea is with the boy. She loves him so much, and he adores her.



This is the Pea showing off her "muscles". The face is always squished up when she shows you.




Check back on Wednesday. I have something special to show you! And a mini contest.

19 Kids Who Want To Play:

Kristina P. said...

I'm sorry the pictures didn't turn out well! The ones you got are beautiful.

rychelle said...

i LOVE poppies!

congrats to little man on the medal. :)

Sheri said...

Little Man is BEAUTIFUL! He looks so plump, and healthy, and happy!

And Pea, what can I say? Gorgeous!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

My heart melted hearing how much the Pea loves The Boy! Oh to be able to see the world through our childrens eyes. The innocence and ability to just love......

Lee said...

I love the pictures of the poppies! Actually I love all the pics but poppies are so neat. I love the intensity of their color.

Yondalla said...

I think they are lovely.

Just SO said...

I really love the first one of the poppies. It's beautiful. I love poppies as well. I need to plant some.

And those kids are adorable!

Sorry your pictures didn't turn out well. I understand your frustration.

Jillene said...

The pictures look great--you are too hard on yourself.

Congrats to little man on getting his medal. His haircut looks great too!!

Love Pea's muscles. O makes a similar face when she is showing off her muscles.

Jules AF said...

I loooooooooooooove sheep.

K J and the kids said...

I think the pictures look great.
Sorry you were dissapointed.

Whitney R said...

I love the flower pictures. And the sheep :)

Bonnie the Boss said...

I love Poppies too! I think it is their briliant color that attracts me most! I think your pics are awesome this week! Congrats to you boy! I am so glad he did this and has enjoyed it so much! What a reward for you both!

Jillybean said...

Yay Little Man!!

Those are some seriously cute muscles on The Pea.

Jessica G. said...

Little Man is looking very grown up in that picture! And I like poppies, too. They remind of of walking home from school when I was a kid.

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

I love poppies too! All your pictures are great!

wendy said...

Good for little man on his medal---and Pea has some serious "guns"

forever folding laundry said...

Could it be that you love poppies because of your California roots?? You know it's the state flower, of course! =)

The pictures are all lovely!!

~Keri

Miss Melissa said...

Too dark my foot. Those are lovely pictures as always, mah dear.

Also, your boy and grandbaby(ies) never fail to put a smile on my face. :)

Shauna said...

Hey come check out my new book giveaway blog :)