Monday, May 11, 2009

Mountain Monday

Little Man had an appt with Neurology today. They needed to check on the status of the generator for his VNS (Vagal Nerve Stimulator, used to help control his seizures) I am practically positive that the last time we had an appt she had told me his generator was going to fail in about 7 months, so I went with some major trepidation thinking we would have to schedule a surgery to replace it. She told me the battery said it had about 3 1/2 years left. What a relief! I was so pleased, I even took him to get his haircut! Major deal for us, but the stylist is trained in working with kids with autism and she rocked.

Spring is in full bloom here in Utah. I know in some places it is practically summer, but here the temperature is warm, the days lengthening and everywhere you look, you will see proof that Spring has sprung! I love Spring, not too hot, not too cold, and the burgeoning beauty all around me takes my breath away.But here, no need to take my word for it, I will show you!






Even though Spring is creeping up on the sides of the mountains, Winter continues to hold sway at the very top. For those of you not familiar with Utah, you can find snow, sometimes even into the Summer months, up in the canyons and mountain tops.



The wild daisys have just showed up this week.






Ms. Tenacious is still hanging in there.




Wild lilacs!
















Aren't I lucky?
Now, on to my picks of the week.

You know I am still loving every second of my boy playing soccer. I am going to be so sad when the season is over at the end of the month.



Now, on to the grand daughters! Squid, she is almost 9 months old.



June Bug, she will be 2 next month! Check out the curls.



The Pea, she is 3 1/2 now. Such a little hambone!



I love Mountain Mondays. There isn't a Monday that I don't do a post and keenly feel how blessed I am. I am surrounded by beauty, both physical and ethereal.

22 Kids Who Want To Play:

Kristina P. said...

It makes me so happy that we've actually had a spring this year!

Beautiful pics, once again!

Just SO said...

Oh how I Love your pictures! Yay for Mountain Mondays.

Oh and they actually have a contest here in this valley to see who can pick the day when the last bit of snow can be seen on the face Mount Timpanogos.

forever folding laundry said...

Gorgeous pictures, as always! And I know I say it every time, but those kiddos really could not be any cuter!

~Keri

Yondalla said...

they are all so purty

Lee said...

I love your pictures so much. We still have the grape hyacinths and lilacs blooming here, but I would have to drive at least a couple hours to see good mountains. The "mountain" that is closest to me I can scale in 40 minutes...that so isn't a mtn! LOL

Debz said...

I can't believe that one lone leaf is still hanging in there. Too funny.

The pics are gorgeous. As usual.

I just finished reading a book and it references the Lakota and a lot of their 'ways' (for lack of a better word). I immediately thought of you. :)

Christa said...

My idea of the idyllic place to live would be a place that is like Spring all year round. Not too hot and not too cold. It sounds heavenly.

I love the lilac pictures. I really, like REALLY want a lilac bush in my yard. They remind me of my childhood.

Jillybean said...

Lilacs are my favorite! My moms back yard is full of them, but we've never been able to get them to grow in our yard.
The Pea's picture cracks me up. Only a true princess wears her tiara in the bath.

Jillene said...

Yet again--beautiful pictures!! HOORAY for Mountain Monday, Spring, Adorable Son and Beautiful Grandbabies!!

Bonnie the Boss said...

LOve Mountain monday! So beautiful! I am also really glad things went well yesterday!

Sheri said...

I feel like Ms. Tenacious today . . . but I feel like I am losing my grip! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures . . . I have so much to learn!

K J and the kids said...

The entire post was BEAUTIFUL !
That little squid is so cute. When did she get so old.

rychelle said...

oh how i wish we had a spring in vegas this year. we went from winter straight into summer. :(

i'll just live vicariously through your photos. :)

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

Gorgeous gorgeous photo, as always. And since everything is about me, do you have any tips for buying a new digital camera?! ;o)

Jessica G. said...

A hairstylist that specializes in autistic kids? That is wonderful! I didn't even know such a skill existed.

And I love the mountains with the spring green sneaking up on the winter snow.

Debbie said...

I am glad you got good medical news.
Great photos.

amelia said...

Love those purple flowers (I always forget what they are called.)

Azul said...

Yeah, I should have e-mailed you for the name of that stylist.

Chico gets his hurr did at the House of Azul. When I was trimming him up this week, he jerked his head and wound up with a buzzed spot right above his ear.

Q's taken to calling him "Stripe." I may never live this one down.

I love Little Man's soccer photo!

wendy said...

Well, that little girl is my HERO --she wears a tiara just like ME. I think you love nature (with all the beautiful pictures you post) and your family!!!!

wendy said...

Well, that little girl is my HERO --she wears a tiara just like ME. I think you love nature (with all the beautiful pictures you post) and your family!!!!

Annette Lyon said...

I always love your pictures. They're gorgeous as always. (Hurray for spring!)

Anonymous said...

I so miss topography! And lilacs. Great pics!