Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Introducing....

The Squidlet! She arrived at 10:14, after just 8 hrs of labor and one, just ONE push!
She weighs 7lbs 3oz and is 19 1/2 inches long. She is WAY more tempermental than her sissy, Junebug, but nursed like a champ from the word go. She is very, very vocal!
I feel so incredibly blessed.

Photobucket

It was awesome, both sets of grand parents were there right after the birth so we got to do some extended family bonding.

Photobucket

This is NOT my favorite picture of me, but, I love you enough to share.

Photobucket

Oldest Son, Girlfriend and the Squidling

Photobucket

Ooey, gooey and so brand new!

Photobucket

My heart is full. I have been abundantly blessed. Three grand daughters! God is good. I can't wait til tomorrow to go love on her some more!

19 Kids Who Want To Play:

Mongoose said...

Congratulations!!!

Bored in Vernal said...

Hooray! She's so lovely, and so is Girlfriend and Grandma. Best wishes to all.

Klynn said...

Congratulations to the whole extended family. So sweet and precious. Your pictures looked just fine, Jo. You look like a very proud grandma (though you don't really look old enough to be a grandma).

Peas, bugs and squid...what a family. I guess it's better than me calling my son "Boog", though. Hee hee. :D

Sheri said...

Aw how terribly beautiful. You ARE blessed and we are blessed that you would share with us!

Give her a squeeze for me!

Torina said...

YAY!!!

Holly said...

Congrats! So happy for you all. Funny both those bloggy babies I was waiting for were born on the same day! Enjoy your day with your sweet little squidlet.

Debz said...

I am crying all over my keyboard (but in a good way). I wish all of you happiness and lots of Squid squishies. Enjoy her Jo!

Kristina P. said...

Congrats! She's beautiful! And I don't usually say that about newborns.

FosterAbba said...

Congratulations! Mazel Tov!

Anonymous said...

Delurking to say - Congratulations!! She is gorgeous. Have fun loving on her.
Julie

Jenny said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby.

K J and the kids said...

Congratulations !!!!
I'm so happy that you were there.
She's just as cute as her sister.

Jillybean said...

Congratulations!!

She is so sweet! And you are so lucky, because you get to be around that new baby smell:0)

Laura in L.A. said...

Oh, honey, what a beautiful blessing! Those pics made my day!

Love, Laura

Jillene said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! You definatley look like a VERY proud grandma!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I will now be your new blog bff--hope you don't mind! (0:

Jessica G. said...

Hey, congratulations! Aren't babies just a wonderful thing? Can't wait for my own little one to arrive but I still have a few months to go.

Give her a snuggle for me!

Miss Melissa said...

Absolutely fabulous! :)

Congratulations on a job well done, Girlfriend and hugs to Grammy Jo and everyone else who wants one, too. :)

bon said...

YIKES! She is beautiful!

Congrats all around.

Gawdess said...

Hurrah!!!!
She is beautiful, you are beautiful and your entire family is gorgeous!