Thursday, August 28, 2008

Today

28 years ago.





















A very young Jo (19 years) and a very young Bald Man (22 years) joined hands, stood before their God, their family and their friends, and promised they would love each other forever. We were married in the Oakland Temple in California.



















28 years. Sometimes it feels as though I just blinked my eyes. How did we get here? I look at the young me I was, and I know I had no idea what was ahead of me. The lows, the tears, the heartbreak. My young self would have never discerned the joy that awaited us. That there would be times my heart would be so full of awe, gratitude and pure bliss that I would hardly be able to contain it, much less find words to explain it. We have three grand daughters now. Our children are going to start turning thirty in just a few years. I assume there will be more grand children to come yet. More highs, more lows. All I ask is that my best friend be beside me. Happy Anniversary Bald Man. I couldn't ask for more.

14 Kids Who Want To Play:

Kristina P. said...

28 years! That's amazing. Adam and I only have 24 1/2 to go!

Happy anniversary!

Jillene said...

That is wonderful! I have been married for 11 years--this month too. What a great month to get married! (0:

Happy Happy Anniversary! Go out and celebrate--or better yet--go and love on that adorable new baby! I wish I could have another one but it's just not in the cards for me! )0:

Klynn said...

Happy Anniversary!

Has anyone ever mentioned that Bald Man looks just like Scott Hamilton (the figure skater) in that picture? It's eerie.

elizasmom said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you got yourself a pretty awesome anniversary gift there. Who knew the gift for 28 was squidlets? Not me, that's for sure. Congratulations all around!!

Mongoose said...

Congratulations and many happy returns of the day!

Holly said...

That is so wonderful! Happy Anniversary.

Hope you are enjoying your little one today.

bon said...

HAppy Anni yah cuties!

Azul said...

Awww, so cute! Happy Anniversary!

Debz said...

sorry i'm late, but happy anniversary!

Gawdess said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!
So much to celebrate

Jillybean said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Jessica G. said...

Happy Anniversary, Jo and Bald Man! I just love the wedding picture. Sometimes I hardly recognize myself in my wedding pictures.

TheOneTrueSue said...

Congratulations Jo! Happy Anniversary!

rychelle said...

i'm stalking you from kristina's site. i hope you don't mind.
i had to comment, because i too think your husband looks just like scott hamilton.
=)