Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Playing With Pixels

Not only are newborns delicious to chew on, incredible to snuggle, and delightful to hold, they are such good models for picture taking. If you get them warm enough and fed enough, they just stay where ever you put them. If you don't like cute baby pics, just skip this post. If you do, you are in for a treat!


























That shoot gave me an idea that I had to immediately act upon. Thank goodness Hobby Lobby is just a mile or two away and had my suddenly very needed supplies!




















And now, I have a BUNCH of ideas for photo shoots while my Squidling stays small and malleable.

18 Kids Who Want To Play:

Kristina P. said...

Very cute! Although, I thought a bird was attacking her, and I was a little fearful. Good thing you have a handle on that.

And I have to be honest. Newborns scare me. I like to admire them from afar. I'm afraid that I will drop them, and frankly, I'm just not a small baby person. I do like them 6 months or older, when they can play and hold their head up on their own.

Debz said...

would you look at that - they really don't move (lol).

how cute are those pics - i cant even tell you. you are gonna run out of film...

i got some pics myself - check it out!!!!!!

Sheri said...

FREAKIN' ADORABLE!

Jillene said...

LOVE the pictures! The baby is GORGEOUS!! It makes me want another one SO bad but my poor body just can't handle it (neither can my hubby)! Enjoy that precious little girl and I will watch from afar (blog stalking as usual)and be jealous! (0:

Mongoose said...

It's funny, after the first few I was thinking "hey, you should do like that woman who takes pictures of babies in pumpkins". And then you went and did just that. Well, not pumpkins, but I'm sure you know who I mean. Anne Geddes, I think her name is.

Jessica G. said...

That is a great idea! Love the adorable pictures. Can you email me the Squid's name? We are desperate for good baby girl names!

Suburban Correspondent said...

You are very silly!

It always amazes me how much person there is in a little newborn. You know what I mean?

K J and the kids said...

I'm SO GLAD that you found the nest. SUCH great pictures.

Coach B. said...

You are crazy! I can't believe she let you do that. I'll be sure to keep you away from my youngin.

Just kidding...very cute and creative. :)

p.s. I am CRAVING my almond roca

Jillybean said...

Darn cute pictures! I really like the ones where she's smiling in her sleep. Kind of makes you wonder what she's dreaming about.

Anne Geddes should look out.

elizasmom said...

Yeah, look at you, getting all Anne Geddes and stuff!

These pics are great!

bon said...

I thought the pink nest was cute... then I saw the wee baby bird in all her glory!

Gawdess said...

JO!
YOU ARE AMAZING!
excellent work with that new camera and some great ideas too - I want a baby to take pictures of!

Holly said...

Those are so cute. I love the nest pictures. How fun is that to have a new baby to play with. Can I borrow her?

PreSchoolMama said...

Those are so cute. I can't believe you took them all yourself they look great.

Jami said...

I love the little nest pictures and the two of her smiling slightly. Fine work, m'lady!

Amber said...

oohh! I found them. Love the nest, love the baby, love the nakedness. :D Great job on the pictures!

Amber DBTD said...

How adorable. I can haz baby?