Monday, September 29, 2008

Fall in the Mountains

The days are sunny and warm, the nights are getting so nice and cool. The leaf changes have crept down the mountains into the valleys. When we lived in California, we never got the luxurious, slow changes of the seasons. In Utah, They are beautiful. Proof:













Impressive huh? From where I sit typing, all I have do is lift my head and I can see pretty beautiful mountain colors right in front of me. I think I am pretty lucky that way.

The following picture is all the food I got from our co-op order! Wow!



Meeko got a shower, well, actually she gets lots of showers, but this time I had someone who could do the squirtbottle while I took some pictures. She turns around and lifts every feather up until she is one soggy birdy!






I tried to take some fallish type pics with the littles, but everyone was grumpy except for Little Man. Now how is that for a switch?






The following wicker chair shoot was semi successful. Got a few good shots and a huge amount of ho hum pics. Ah well.
























There ya go! Something for everyone. Landscapes, animals, food, cute babies, handsome young man. Sorry no nudity this time, I will have to see if I can capture some bum in the near future. Happy Mountain Monday to all of you.

13 Kids Who Want To Play:

K J and the kids said...

It brings to mind a song.....There is beauty all around.... :)

elizasmom said...

A stellar array as usual, Jo, but the winner for me this week is the one of Junebug resting her cheek on her sleeping sister's head. A-DOR-ABLE!

Mongoose said...

I LOVE the one of Little Man with the pumpkin. It's lovely to see him in your "baby art" as well! Out of the pics of the babies I really like the fourth wicker chair photo and the last one, just because of the awareness in her eyes. I don't connect to babies much, but I always find it interesting when I see a behaviour that I can relate to, such as "you're my sister and I love you."

Other than that, I'm wondering when you're gonna have snow on those mountains? None of my mountain photos have turned out yet, I'm just too far away even with the big zoom, but there is snow on ours. As far as I can recall, we always have snow on ours. I think for Thanksgiving I'm gonna drive to Banff and get some real mountain photos. Just for you. :) (Well, and to get out of the house for the day...)

Kristina P. said...

I haven't been in the mountains in a while, since I hate the earth, so I didn't realize they leaves were changing. Yay!

And I would love to do lunch if you win. I may just have to throw it for you.

Jillybean said...

I agree with Elizasmom. That picture is adorable, but then again, it's hard to go wrong with the subjects being photographed.

I won't tell anyone about Kristina fixing the contest so you can win as long as I can come with to lunch.

And you bring the dragon.

Jillene said...

LOVE all of the pictures! You really are talented! Thanks for sharing your talents and not burying them!! hahahaha!!

Jillene said...

Tag!! You're it!! I tagged you on my blog--check it out for the details! I hope you don't mind but I wanted to get to know you better!!

Jessica G. said...

I think you need to post a photography tutorial...my photo sessions never come out like yours! And how do you get rid of the red-eye?

Torina said...

I LOVE the pic of the tree tops on the mountain side. It looks like a patchwork quilt. BEAUTIFUL.

I'll be checking back frequently for the naughty shots. ;)

Holly said...

I love the flying baby pics.

rychelle said...

your birdie is so cute! and a poser.

kristina - if joe wins, i will be suspicious ;)

Amber DBTD said...

Flying baby is adorable!

Natalie said...

Wow! These are fabulous! I would love to capture things the way that you can.