Friday, May 23, 2008

Fix-It Friday

First up we have Katie from a view from the hill She is discussing knitting and yarn! Delightful colors of yarn!

Next, we have a newbie, Torina from Busy Intersection has something very important each and everyone of us needs to take seriously and take action. If you have a child, love a child or know a child, this means YOU! Thanks Torina.

Another newbie, Jill, proves food doesn't have to beautiful to be appreciated. Go on over to Thou shalt not whine to be entertained and inspired.

Fix-it Friday


Cinnamon Rolls!
You really need to read Jill's post before you go on to read mine. I will wait....
hmm..... okay, are you ready now?
Take yeast dough, although I wouldn't suggest Jill's dough for rolls. You need rollable dough and I always add a couple of extra tablespoons of sugar to my dough when I am making these rolls. You can use frozen dough from the supermarket, or do as I do and make your dough in your handy dandy bread maker! We bought this expensive breadmaker years ago and it still works wonderfully! It even has a dough cycle.
Photobucket
After the dough has risen once, punch it down, and you are ready to begin.
Assemble ingredients:

Photobucket

cinnamon, butter at room temp, dough, brown sugar, and a little flour.
I spray the inside of the pan before I begin so it won't stick.
Photobucket

melt about half a cube of butter and pour it into the bottom of the cake pan.
Photobucket

Sprinkle brown sugar into the bottom of the pan. About 1/2 cup or a bit more. (This will melt together and make a fabulous caramel on the top!)

Lightly flour the rolling surface for the dough

Photobucket

Roll out dough, I roll mine really thin, because I like lots of layers. If you like thicker, doughier layers, don't roll it out so thin.

Photobucket

This batch of dough has 3 cups of flour in it. I used 1/2 of a cube of butter spread all over the top of the dough. (This is NOT a low cal recipe. Get over it.)
Photobucket

Sprinkle cinnamon.
Photobucket

Sprinkle brown sugar on top
Photobucket

Roll it up lengthwise
Photobucket

Slice into rolls (this is up to you. If you make them really thick, this will make one pan of goodness. Thin slices will make two pans)

Photobucket

Place in pan
Photobucket

Let rise until double
Photobucket

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Photobucket

Place plate on top of pan IMMEDIATELY
Photobucket

Dump upside down and let sit for a minute. Remove pan and TAADAA!!!

Photobucket

I hope you enjoy all this delicious goodness. First from other blogs and then from my technique for making cinnamon rolls. If you lived nearby, I would SOOOO share with you!

8 Kids Who Want To Play:

Katie said...

I'll be writing mine n the next 30mins or so... just need to work out on what!

Torina said...

Hi Jo,

You could include the info from my recent post (if you like):

Take Action
Kids Are Waiting... Tell Congress to Fix Foster Care

Contact Your Member of Congress
The Kinship Caregiver Support Act would help thousands of children in foster care living with relatives and would also help relative caregivers outside of the foster care system. Please send a note to urge your Congressional representative and Senators to co-sponsor the Kinship Caregiver Support Act this year.

http://www.kidsarewaiting.org/act/

bon said...

Oooooooo. Want. NEED! Drool.

Holly said...

Oh Yum! Yum! Do you think you could send some my way?

Jessica G. said...

Mmmmmm...drooling on monitor.

Is Utah Valley near by enough to share? Pretty please? :)

Jillybean said...

Ditto what Jessica said.
Yummy!

Do you deliver?

p.s. My dough looked NOTHING like yours.

Katie said...

It looks so good. If only it didn't contain, cough gag, gag cinnamon... the one flavour I can't stand!
Curse my mother for passing in her dislike, can finding a flavour so displeasing be genetic?

elizasmom said...

As soon as I saw that this was a recipe that included a pool of butter at the bottom of a pan, I was in. I think I will try to make this, and soon! (Maybe Eliza's upcoming birthday is a good excuse...)