Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I Am Still Here!

I am here, I promise! It is just more than crazy right now. I have been driving back and forth to the Large City, and while I say it is near us, it is almost an hour each way. So near is a relative term. Last night, I am not kidding you, I got home and climbed into bed with the boy who was upset I was gone and trying to fall asleep clutching my picture... ( I found it both sad and sweet) This morning I had to get up at O dark thirty and drive my cousin to the airport and then get my hiney home to my boy who was having serious separation anxiety. After he got off to school, I fell back into bed, and slept for a couple of hours. When I woke up, you guys are the first to really see my face today!
I am on my way back to the hospital, and I just got the GREAT news the baby has been extubated. He is breathing on his own, and it is such a blessing. This is all a waiting game as we see how begins to recover from his head injury. Little Bear turns 7 months old today. I don't know whether to cry because it is so wrong he is in the PICU, or just dance because he is doing so much better now. Maybe a bit of both???
Thank you my darlings.

Pre accident, about a week:

Photobucket

Little Bear now...

Photobucket

8 Kids Who Want To Play:

Gawdess said...

oh jo, I am sending so much hope for that little pumpkin and his family!!!!!!!

zunzun said...

It's tough to see him like that...glad to know things are looking up though. Are you surviving on coffee? ;)

Katie said...

My thoughts are with you and all your family. Here's hoping for a good outcome.

Brandy said...

My prayers are with you, that beautiful little baby, and his family.

bon said...

Hooray for successful extubations! You KNOW how I feel for the little ones at Sick Kids R Us, you KNOW how it breaks my heart. But these babies are so strong, he will bounce back. He will be fine. All will be well.

Jessica G. said...

So glad that he is doing better...so tormented that one so little can be so sick...Virtual hugs to him and his family!

elizasmom said...

Oh, poor little guy. I'm glad to hear that things are going better, but even so, that's an experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Strength and courage and all those things to your and yours as you go through this!

K J and the kids said...

OH that little pumpkin.
I don't know what's wrong with that beautiful baby...but I hope and pray that he makes a full recovery.