Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Feeling Blue

Feeling a bit blue about my boy today. Yesterday was just so awful and I get tired of fighting every inch of the way for what he needs and what we think is best for him. Today I remembered this wonderful book and CD Bald Man bought for me a few Christmases ago. It is a good thing to remember today.


Sometimes Miracles Hide


Bruce Carroll
They were so excited
It was coming to be
Two people so in love
Now soon there would be three

For Many years they'd planned it
Now it would soon be true
So she was picking out the pink clothes
and he was looking at the blue

The call came unexpected
The doctor had bad news
Some tests came back and things weren't right
He said, "You're gonna have to choose"

"I'll wait a week for your decision"
Then the words cut like a knife
"I'm sure everyone will understand if you want to end its life"

Thought they were badly shaken
They had just one choice
They knew God creates no accidents
and they were sure they heard His voice saying,

(chorus)
Sometimes miracles hide
God will wrap some blessings in disguise
You may have to wait this lifetime
To see the reasons with your eyes
'Cause sometimes miracles hide

It seemed before they knew it
The appointed day arrived
With eager apprehension
They could barely hold inside

The first time they laid eyes on her
Confirmed the doctor's fears
But they held on to God's promises
'Cause they were sure they both could hear

(chorus)

Though she was not like the other girls
They thought she was the best
And though all the years of struggle
Neither whispered one regret.

On the first day that she started school
And took her first bus ride
They remembered the words that God had spoke
And they both broke down and cried

See to them it just did not matter
Why some things in life take place
They just knew the joy they felt
When they looked into her face

They learned sometimes miracles hide
They said, "God wrapped our blessing in disguise"
We may have to wait this lifetime
To see the reasons in our eyes
But we know sometimes miracles hide.

2 Kids Who Want To Play:

Azul said...

Oh Jo, I needed this today. I wonder myself if we'll ever get to a place that seems to come so easily for other kids. To hear one and two-year-olds chatter away to their parents kills me, and I wonder if that will ever be us. Still though, I wouldn't trade my little Chico or any of the struggles we've faced.

I'm so glad I checked your blog tonight, and I'm smiling through my tears. All my best to you, Little Man, and your family.

Granny said...

That's beautiful. All kids are miracles.