Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Twilight Zone

Weird, it was just weird. I am still not sure if I can explain how it happened. But here goes!
As long as we have lived in in Utah, we have known there was another man with the same name as Bald Man. So if my hubby were Sherman Bleep, then this guy is also Sherman Bleep. But we are the only Sherman Bleeps in the phone book. The other Sherman Bleep is unlisted. We have gotten many phone calls over the years for the other Bleeps. We have found out he works on VW bugs, that he works at a local large business, they are raising their grandchildren, they have a nephew named Mike, etc.
While we have often wished we had their phone number, we never have found it.
I was napping yesterday and ignored my cell phone ringing for the sake of sleep. When I got up I checked my missed calls and there was a number I didn't recognize. I called the number back, the lady answered and and I told her I was Jo. She said she hadn't called me and yelled to her hubby, did you call someone named Jo? He said no. I informed her their number had come up on my missed calls. She said well this is the Bleeps. I gasped and said, well I am a Bleep too. We both laughed and laughed and acknowledged we had both gotten both calls for each other over the years. We were both amused that our paths had finally crossed after more than a decade. Funny small world isn't it?
The part I can't figure out is, how in the world did they get my cell phone number and who called me from their house? :::: insert Twilight Zone music here :::::::::

4 Kids Who Want To Play:

Anonymous said...

That's so bizarre. But funny.
I had something similar happen to me when I was first living on my own. I kept getting calls from people asking for someone with my name, and we'd be a minute or so into conversation before we'd realize that, no, this is not who we're meant to be talking to. Eventually I put two and two together and figured out that my phone number used to belong to another woman with my name, and they recycled it really quickly. (Our state has since added 2 area codes, probably because of situations like this!)

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny said...

Right there that's proof! Proof of .... well I'm not sure, but it's proof of something!

Sarah said...

Wow... that is... Wow.