Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I Survived (with a Thesarus)

I started another post earlier, but I was interrupted by an urgent call from Bald Man who said his work van had caught on fire and could I come pick him up? Time just slipped away and I had a meeting with Little Man's school today, so the other post shall have to wait til tomorrow.
This time I took an Excedrin BEFORE the meeting. It worked, I didn't have a headache when I left. Not through ANY lack of trying on their part.
I got them to make the concessions I wanted, and in return, I said I would leave Little Man at that school for now. They apologized. The teacher even said, "I sent a note home apologizing." I told her it said she was sorry for the way it made me "feel", which wasn't the point.
The coat, the coat. I can't believe this whole coat thing. I will now post a copy of one of Little Man's goals from his IEP.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
When I saw this goal, (you may now choose the adjective that you think is most likely to describe me at that moment) I was: choleric, convulsed, cross, displeased, enraged, exacerbated, exasperated, ferocious, fierce, fiery, fuming, furious, galled, hateful, heated, hot, huffy, ill-tempered, impassioned, incensed, indignant, inflamed, infuriated, irascible, irate, ireful, irritable, irritated, maddened, nettled, offended, outraged, passionate, piqued, provoked, raging, resentful, riled, sore, splenetic, storming, sulky, sullen, tumultuous, turbulent, uptight, vexed, wrathful.
Any or all of the above apply.
What I was, was incredulous. Can you believe it?? With all of the brouhaha that happened before this meeting, they had the NERVE, the unmitigated GALL, the cheek, arrogance, brashness, brass, brazenness, chutzpah*, conceit, effrontery, guts*, haughtiness, impertinence, impudence, insolence, overbearance, pomposity, and presumption to write a goal for Little Man to put on that coat!!!
I made them take it off. Plus they apologized for ever saying it. I told them I never wanted to hear another word about his clothing. EVER!
End of story on the coat. (I am still shaking my head in disbelief about the whole coatastrophe. Pun intended)
The principal had the NERVE, gall, (see above) to say to me, "You wouldn't want me to go ahead and do what I think is best for Little Man, even if you disagree?" I bet I sat there for 30 seconds til my jaw hit the floor and I picked it back up. I said "I can not believe you are even asking that question! Of course I would not want you to do ANYTHING I disagreed with, no matter how good you thought it was for him. What a question!" What about Parental rights? GRRRR. I would love to punch that smug little jerk right in the nose. He is do darn patronizing. I said right to his face that his attitude is part of the reason I wanted Little Man moved from that school. I said we were willing to try to make it work, but if there was ANY more of this nonsense, it would be over.
See all of the words above pertaining to anger, I bet I fit everyone of them. We shall see.............

5 Kids Who Want To Play:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

Jo, I cannot BELIEVE that crap! While IEP's are great tools, that lazy-ass teacher has no business putting a goal on there that helps HER out instead of Little Man. Right now I'm going hell bent for leather down a similar road with Evan's teachers (middle school, new environment, they don't know my kid's quirks-you get the picture). Bet you're glad you pre-medicated.

Anonymous said...

Lordy lordy. I can see why you'd like to move Little Man out of that school. I'm glad you stood up for yourself and for him, even if you only got partial satisfaction. Hopefully they'll think twice before trying that again!

Azul said...

Ah, the joys of dealing with the public school system. We have dealt with them for Early Intervention for Chico, and I swear after every meeting I drive home near tears and wondering if the 'therapy' they're providing is worth the bother at all.

Granny said...

Melissa said it. Somebody's lazy.